Here you can find contact information of the other members of the "Coastal
Fisheries Research Group" at the
University of the Algarve.
Members can login and access this research group
- Prof. Dr. Karim Erzini. Karim is a member of UALG/FCMA teaching
staff (Associate Professor) and of the Scientific Council of the Center of
Marine Sciences (CCMAR) and is the head of the group. He is the coordinator
of the GESTPESCA, TELEMETRIA,
SPORTFISH and BIOMARES projects.
- Dr. Jorge Gonçalves. Jorge is a Marine Biologist with a PhD on fisheries
biology and is a member of the Scientific Council of the CCMAR. He is the
coordinator of the ARADE and RENSUB III
- Abecasis, David: David is a Biologist working on telemetry with sparidae.
He is doing a MSc on Marine and Coastal Studies.
- Afonso, Carlos: Carlos is a marine biologist specialist in gastropods.
- Almeida, Cheila: Cheila is a Marine Biologist working on marine
- Bentes, Luis: Luis is a Marine Biologist specialist in fisheries biology
and population dynamics. He is doing a MSc on Marine and Coastal Studies.
Monteiro, Pedro: Pedro is a Marine Biologist with a MSc on discard
- Oliveira, Frederico: Frederico is a Marine Biologist studying the
pipefish biology (Syngnathidae)
- Ribeiro, Joaquim: Joaquim is a Marine Biologist specialist in underwater
surveys and he is carrying out a PhD on dynamics and recruitment of fish in
the Ria Formosa.
- Veiga, Pedro: Pedro is a Marine Biologist doing his PhD on the
socioeconomic and biological aspects of recreational fisheries in the south