Paulo Martel is a teacher of Bioinformatics, Structural Biochemistry and Enzimology at the
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Sciences and Technology.
He is a theoretical biochemist who work sin computer modelling and simulation of biomolecules,
with an emphasis in the study of electrostatic effects on protein structure and function
and the development of new methods for macromolecular electrostatic calculations.
He is also the scientific coordinator of a research unit at the University of Algarve,
the Center for Structural and Molecular
- Modelling of electrostatics interactions in proteins
- Theoretical calculations of pKa values for protein residues
- Role of electrostatic interactions in protein structure and function
- Application of Biomolecular simulation methods to a diverse set of biological problems
- Structure-function relationships of elicitin proteins from Phytophthora oomycetes.
- Modelling and molecular evolution of Bone and matrix Gla proteins
- Molecular pharmacogenomics of P450 proteins - modelling the effect of SNP's.
- Effect of vanadate oligomers on the motor proteins myosin and actin.
- Structural Biochemistry
- Bioquímica (Lic.Enfermagem)
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Faculty of Sciences and Technology
University of Algarve
e-mail : email@example.com