S-TCD – Surface Turbo Collision Detection Toolkit
The Surface Turbo Collision Detection toolkit (S-TCD), implemented in C++, determines intersecting surfaces of colliding objects. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
S-TCD uses overlapping axis-aligned bounding boxes, R-tree hierarchies, surface knowledge and parallel processing techniques to improve performance and obtain real time response in virtual prototyping applications.
• It is applicable to 3D models described as collections of surfaces. Each surface is tessellated individually and represented as a collection of triangles.
• It allows more than one moving object.
• It solves the narrow phase of the collision detection problem. It determines intersecting surfaces between a pair of 3D objects. Additionally, it can determine intersecting triangles between pairs of surfaces.
• It determines intersections with enough accuracy for virtual prototyping environments.
• It determines intersections interactively.
• It runs on shared memory parallel systems with further improvement on performance. It uses OpenMP to automatically parallelize the S-TurboCD collision detection algorithm.
• It has a simple user interface.