This tool is meant to help the planning of multi-beam surveys. Various systems have different swath widths coverage that depends on the number of beams of the particular system and the water depth. For simplicity the bottom coverage can be assumed to be a relation of the water depth. Hence, a "swath-width / water depth ratio" of 2 means that on a 4 km water column the swath will have a width of 8 km. The facilities provided are:
- Start a new track. In this mode left-clicks add new points; right-click or pressing the delete or back space remove previous points. Pressing RETURN, ENTER or middle button click ends the track and asks for a file name to save the track on disk.
- Imports a track from a (x,y) file on disk.
- Edit a track. In this mode the first left-click selects the track to be edited. The second selects the closest vertex that can now be moved and place into a new position by another left-click. However, while in the edit mode, pressing the "r", DELETE or BACKSPACE keys will remove the vertex; pressing "i" will insert a new vertex; pressing the "b" key will break the track in two. RETURN or left-click stops the edit mode.
- Delete a track. Use left-click to select the track and right-click to confirm.
- Save the track on disk. Use left-click to select the track and right-click to confirm.
- Compute the track length in Nautical Miles. Computations are made using great circle distances and spherical Earth approximation.
Copyright © <2010>, <Joaquim Luis>
Created with the Freeware Edition of HelpNDoc: Free HTML Help documentation generator