I am a Computer Engineer with a MSc degree in Systems Engineering, and a PhD in Informatics and Computers Engineering. I have dedicated my whole career to the field of Information Systems.
Below, a brief summary of my journey in this field:
- From 1982 to 1992, I was a software developer of several information systems supporting agricultural research. I developed an expert system for liming recommendations for the acid soils of Venezuela, which resultin in co-authoring a book on this subject, entitled "Sistema Experto para recomendaciones de cal en los suelos de Venezuela”.
- From 1993 to 1996, I was an independent IS/IT consultant of small construction and real-state companies.
- From 1995 to 1996, I was lecturer of Information Systems and Data Base courses at Simón Bolivar University
- From 1997 to 2001, I was a project manager at the software house company DELFOS, specialized in ORACLE-based applications.
- Since 2001, I am dedicated to teaching, research and consulting activities at the Algarve University
- Since 2010, I am a full member of the Research Center for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics (CIEO)
- In 2014, I took a leave to work on a Business Process Discovery and Modeling project.